The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Halloween Scary Movie Night
Friends came over to watch scary movies last night, in honor of Halloween. We had a nice spread out on the dining room table, which was all decorated in keeping with the spirit of the season. Cobwebs were strewn around the house, candles were glowing, and the Haunted Sounds of Halloween soundtrack was playing in the background, to greet visitors as they walked through the door.

All in all, there were eight of us watching such classics as Night of the Living Dead - "They're coming to get you, Barbara... they're coming!" and The Exorcist - "The power of Christ compells you!"

I love Halloween, as it gives me a chance to relive my childhood and resurrect the memories of the spook houses my sister and I used to love when the fair came to town. There's something exhilarating about facing these archetypal faces of death, and living to tell the tale. So, in honor of the dead and the living, here's my Halloween Greeting to you (2.7 MB .wmv)

posted by Melanie O. at 2:15 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the video! Very scary. I recognize your entry way!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Booo-oooo-oooo-oo!

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number