The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Monday, January 01, 2007
Happy New Year!
This year, instead of fighting the crowds at Circular Quay to see the Harbour Bridge fireworks, we hooked up with some friends of ours to go out to dinner and then back to their place for some board games.

I've always loved board games and feel sad that so many people have set board games aside for self-isolating video games and DVD movies. Board games are great for a night of interactive fun, and we decided to try out one of our friends' Christmas presents: The Settlers of Catan.

The game is a little bit Chess and a little bit Risk. It's highly interactive with players trading cards, making deals, and fighting to claim resources on the board. Add some Spumante and Frangelico into the mix, and you have a highly entertaining evening. It's also highly addictive.

What I find interesting about these kinds of games nights is the fact that the men find out how aggressive and competitive the women are! Bwa-ha-ha-ha! Not that I won any of the three games we played. We could have stayed up until the sun came up, but my powers of strategic thinking fall asleep before my body does, and I was soundly whipped at the last game.

I was so "high" from the competitive fun, I couldn't fall asleep, even after the one-hour drive it took to get us home. We walked in our front door at about 3 am. I didn't get to sleep for a couple of hours after I went to bed - my head was buzzing with thoughts of plotting to take over the world. Today, I'm dragging. Can you be hung-over from too much fun?

I'm about to settle in to watch When Harry Met Sally (for the umpteenth time.) I may be high maintenance but I know that I'm high maintenance. I'll leave the world domination for another day. Happy New Year!
posted by Melanie O. at 11:56 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number