The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Shopping, the stress-free way
I've been a big fan of shopping via the Internet, for a long time. I've purchased everything from clothes, to small appliances, to food online. In six years, I've only had three bad experiences, but dozens of good ones.

Because of this, I've become somewhat of an Online Shopping promoter, and now my husband is also hooked. Most specifically, he's hooked on eBay. In and of itself, this is great, because he has learned that he can sell things as well as buy them online, and, if done properly, our bad habit pays for itself.

The only time we've run into conflict is when we are both trying to snipe an auction at the same time. I have my own method set up, which Dan isn't familiar with. Imagine his consternation when I just finished sniping a kitchen blender, and his chest of drawers auction was about to end two minutes later. He wasn't sure what to do with my screen set-up and was having a crisis. He was yelling that he was going to miss his auction! It all ended happily, however, when he won his chest. You would have thought it was a matter of life and death.

There's only one real bad thing about being able to find just about anything you want to buy online. You become a lazy retail shopper. I used to love going to the mall and just browsing through the shops. Nowadays, I browse online catalogs. I don't have to fight for parking spaces, I save on fuel, and I can shop without any distractions - unless, of course, Dan has an auction that's about to end.

I take that back. There's really nothing bad about saying farewell to the retail world. As long as Dan's not having an auction crisis. Men taking sniping to a whole new competitive level. He gives new meaning to the word "sniper." You should have seen how proud he was with his new chest of drawers, though.
posted by Melanie O. at 8:38 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number