The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Friday, December 28, 2007
Old lingerie never dies
Something happens to me when it gets to be the end of the year. I go through my wardrobe to clean out the things that no longer fit right that I feel someone else could benefit from. Usually, this means getting rid of pants and tops that are too tight, or skirts that are now riding up my thighs instead of hanging the way that they should.

I have a dilemma this year - what to do with lingerie that I am bored with? As incredible as that may sound, lingerie can get boring. Part of the allure of lingerie is that it offers a cover for secret places, and those covers themselves can be charming due to unexpected nuances. If you know the terrain too much, the excitement dies and the lingerie becomes just another nightie. A sexy nightie - but too familiar, all the same.

There are no charities that I'm aware of, that accept second hand lingerie. I guess I could sell the stuff on eBay, but that defeats the whole charitable aspect of giving things away. My conservative upbringing won't allow me to just throw it out. It seems like a sacrilege anyway, to throw away something that has brought so much pleasure to so few.

So, I'm stuck with lingerie that may never see the light of day again. If anyone has any ideas for what to do with it, please let me know. I need to clean out my dresser drawers.

So that I can buy more lingerie, of course.

Listen to the audio [3 MB]

posted by Melanie O. at 4:06 PM -
4 Comments:
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger YesterdaysLace said…

    Sacriledge!

    Sell them on ebay. The only time lingerie goes bad is when it is torn or stained beyond repair. You could also send them to a friend. :)

     
  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger gardenbug said…

    For health reasons, it is not a good idea to give away or sell lingerie. You think your stuff is sanitary, but the receiver of your gift will have her doubts. She won't wear it. You wear your stuff until it is worn out, then throw it away. If it doesn['t fit any more, toss it in the trash.

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    No!! Not the trash! (Seems such a shame...)

    Maybe I could make doll lingerie from the old stuff.

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger gardenbug said…

    Doll lingerie sounds like a really good idea...or give your undies to a doll hospital. They'll recut the fabric to make lingerie for dolls. That's a cute idea.

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number