The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Friday, December 07, 2007
More Beauty and Health Tips from Blog Readers
As promised, here are some reader contributions that help us all (men and women) retain a bit more of our youth and vitality as we move along in years:
Kanani said...

"Beauty tip:
Wear rubber gloves while cleaning or washing dishes."

gardenbug said...

"My friends are in their 70s...and have trouble with dry skin. The solution was to not wash every day with soap. Sweat washes away with just plain water. Oily secretions needs soap and water, but glands have pretty much shut down at our ages. A quick rinse off does a good job of keeping us socially acceptable. Soap is needed only on those places that are "dark, warm and moist." ..selective washing, you could say.

I learned to rinse off in the tub with warm water. A few drops of an oil in the water keeps my skin from drying out."

Anthony said...

"I love these health and beauty tips! I think being healthy, treating your body as your temple, and taking care of yourself as best as you can makes one beautiful. I also know that self-love, self-appreciation, and self-respect are beautiful. I would also like to suggest brushing your teeth with baking soda; it gets them nice, shiny and white, and it neutralizes bad breath, too! Also, a lukewarm or room temperature rinse of green tea or chamomile is also good for your hair and gives it a nice shine. You can also use it as a spritz during the day to moisten your skin. Lavender water and rose water are also good for these purposes."

Donald said...

"I'm an American. There is no avoiding stress these days. Unless I take up drinking....but I like my liver."

Don - taking care of your liver is a good thing!
Kanani said...

"Oh... water.... I drink loads of water each day.
And in the morning, I get up and put saline eye drops in....moistener, so that I don't rub my eyes so much during the day!"

LivinginOz said...

It is so true - it's very difficult to avoid stress, especially when it comes to making a living, paying the bills, and trying to get ahead. I think this is where having a well developed sense of humor and the ability to see "the big picture" need to come in.

I have come to see life like a game of chess. You have to be able to think ahead several moves to avoid setting yourself up for a pitfall. Unfortunately, I am a long ways away from being a chess grand master. ;-)

P.S. I love my readers' contributions and will add on any others that you wish to contribute. They're worth sharing.
posted by Melanie O. at 7:24 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Kanani said…

    Also...
    de-stress by cleaning out the closet and dresser.

    4 piles

    keep
    alter
    toss out
    re-think

    Most of the re-thinks will be tossed.
    Also, go through old bras. Those that don't fit, toss out, or use as slingshots.

     
  • At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha! I wish my old bras could be used as slingshots. By the time I'm through with them, the elastic has lost its ability to sling anything - including my boobs.

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number