The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
After Dinner Tea with Dan
Dan and I have a nightly ritual. After dinner, we usually settle down with a hot cup of tea and something sweet to nibble on. There are a couple of rules for myself, though, that I regret if I break:
  • One: it has to be a smallish cup of tea unless I want to be up and down all night with trips to the bathroom and
  • Two: it has to be an herbal infusion of some kind, as caffeine will keep me awake for hours.
So, tonight I was rummaging around in the pantry, looking for herbal tea while Dan boiled the water in the kettle.

"I'm running out of herbal teas," I declared to my husband, who made sure I was going to use a small cup. "All there are, are these flavored black teas, and I can't have caffeine."

Without missing a beat, Dan offered:

"Why don't you have a coffee instead?"

There are good reasons why we're together. Laughter is probably healthier than tea.
posted by Melanie O. at 7:34 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number