The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Hobbies can send you broke
I have come to the conclusion that hobbies can send you broke. Dan has spent hundreds on his model train, which isn't even half built. By the time he's done with it, he will have spent thousands of dollars. I kid him that when he's done with it, he'll get bored after taking it around the club tracks a few times and he'll want to build another one. He sheepishly agrees with me on that.

My hobbies are no less expensive - vintage doll collecting and flying small aircraft. Although I haven't flown in years, I will be the first person to raise my hand upon invitation to go flying and if I'm feeling confident enough, will take the controls.

This past weekend, Dan and I went up with our friend, Alistair and did a scenic tour of Sydney. I invite you to come along with us and view Sydney from the air. Despite the haze and the bumps, it was a grand day out. And one thing's for sure - I will never complain about how much it costs to run my car again!

posted by Melanie O. at 9:21 AM -
3 Comments:
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number