The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Dan's selective memory
What is the secret to getting a man to listen to his female partner? Is there some trick to it? Is there some kind of technique I should be adopting?

Last night, while driving home, hubby stops off at a well-known fast food chain and says he wants a coffee. He asks me if I want anything, and I tell him that "I'm pretty thirsty. How about a small Diet Coke?"

He says fine, gets out of the car, and decides he wants to go in to order, instead of going through the Drive-Thru.

He came back, seven minutes later, with a large coffee and large fries for himself, and nothing for me. Not even an ice cube.

I asked him, "did you get my Diet Coke?" And he answered "Oh, I forgot!" (In the time it took him to get out of the car and get to the cashier, he forgot?) and then said, "Give me some money and I'll go in and get you one." Which means he spent the money he had planned on using for my small drink, on his large fries.

I was so annoyed I answered, "just forget it. Let's just go home so that I can get something to drink." It's not that I didn't have the money, but darn it, how could he have not given me any thought once inside that vile yellow and red den of iniquity? Does being inside that place suck ones brain cells dry?

So, should I cut him any slack for this severe case of "out of sight, out of mind?" Does his stomach shout louder than his memory? Next time, I'm insisting that we go through the drive-through so that I can remind him with whom he's going home!
posted by Melanie O. at 5:00 PM -
8 Comments:
  • At 1:51 AM, Blogger Geetali said…

    He just had a ''husband moment''. That span of time when they suffer from complete short-term memory loss :)

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First rule of marriage: Always forgive your husband :-)

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Ha ha, David. And you know how far we had to drive! ;p Well, it was late, he was tired... guess I'll have to forgive him. It's Christmas after all.

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Cooks said…

    I just had to giggle and felt reassured that I'm not the only one who (inside) throws a fit when my bf forgets something. I think it's genetic

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    I blame it on the Y chromosome. ;)

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you REALLY think he just forgot?
    Sounds like selfishness to me. irishnomad.

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    It probably was his stomach talking louder than his brain. Ah well... he gets coal in his stocking this year.

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    I just had a long conversation with the bf about how much he forgets. He probably doesn't remember most of the conversation by now.

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number