The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Friday, July 31, 2009
High school nightmare
Someone directed me to a site where I could upload a photo and see what my high school year book photo may have looked like through the decades. After I stopped laughing and coughing up my lungs, I decided to save the results and share them with you:

1952, not too silly...


1960. I swear I actually owned a pair of glasses like these when I was a kid. They were horrid blue cats' eye things, ten years out of fashion. I preferred to be blind.


1962. The year of Jackie Kennedy and pillbox hats and hair styles that look like pillbox hats. I actually like this one.


1966. The Flip. I look like Mary Tyler Moore's worst stalker fan.


1976. Gloria Steinem's twin sister. I also owned a pair of glasses like this. I swear. I did. The horror of it all is that I picked these out myself.



1984. The year of George Orwell's apocalypse. After seeing this photo, you can understand why.


1992. I think this hairdo was part of a girl gang initiation. I can admit here that I, too, permed my hair. I had BIG hair. I was hip back then.


2000. I look like this now. Honestly. I'm ten years out of fashion. What's even more amazing is that I like the way I may have looked in 1952 and 1962. Now you know why I'm stuck there.

You, too, can share in the high school nightmare (be ye a guy or a gal, arrr!) Just go to http://www.yearbookyourself.com/ and have fun!

Labels:

posted by Melanie O. at 8:43 PM -
4 Comments:
  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Anthony said…

    These are hilarious! Thanks for sharing.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    What's really weird is that I don't have a copy of my real high school photo. I think it's probably sillier than any of these.

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Karen said…

    Great photos! I like the same ones as you too! I was playing with this site on Friday. Made a few pics of my boyfriend and sent them to him - he didn't even recognize himself. Very, very strange!

     
  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    By the way, I LOVE this caption - "1984. The year of George Orwell's apocalypse. After seeing this photo, you can understand why."
    LOL.

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number