The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Oz is somewhere over the rainbow
Dan surprised me with a day out today. There was another craft show in Sydney, and we went to take a look. I am still coveting the same French doll that I was coveting after the last doll show we went to and I am debating on whether or not I will cave in and eventually buy it.

We had lunch at Subway. Subway is becoming a bit of a weekend tradition with us. I have to confess that I always order my favorite - but that's what I do at all of the restaurants that I visit. I find one or two dishes that I really like, and stick with them. Occasionally, I feel guilty for being so set in my ways that I try something new out of principle - but then I feel as if I've cheated myself out of the pleasure of what I know I absolutely like. Some people would call this being stuck in a rut. I call it being committed. Sometimes, you really don't need to shop around.

The day started out to be fairly warm for winter, but afternoon hit, and so did the storms. The skies were dramatic and moody and full of variety. Fortunately, I had my camera with me and got to take a few photos of the rainbows that followed. I truly felt as if I'd been swept into another world. After all, I really am living somewhere over the rainbow.

posted by Melanie O. at 4:25 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger Jules said…

    So what is your favourite Subway sub?

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Hi Jules - a BMT, toasted! Yummm... I could go for one now.

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number