The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Monday, May 18, 2009
In front of the camera again

Despite the fact that I live half a world away from my old friends and contacts, I try to keep up the communication. As someone who has survived life's foibles and other people's freedom of choice, I've learned that life can be unpredictable, and I may find myself back right where I started. I'll be glad that I maintained those relationships.

This past week, I was contacted by my former producer, who enjoys my little home movies. He wants me to make little documentaries and human interest segments for the community TV station in Chapel Hill again.

Oh no, I am thinking. You mean I have to take my film career seriously?

Not that I ever made money working at the TV station. It's just a community station and we tried to provide a bit of glam and culture, and possibly, some laughs. But it did come with perks. I used to get free food and was treated like royalty in Triangle region.

So, this time, if I make these Specials, I can look forward to total anonymity. Except, of course, when I go back to visit. If I do this, I will do this for my Inner Ham. You know, the part of me that likes to be behind and in front of a camera. Cecelia B. DeMille is finding her way back to the limelight. Now I just need to know what kinds of things people in Chapel Hill would find fun and interesting about Australia. Besides my lingerie or doll collection of course.

All suggestions appreciated.
posted by Melanie O. at 4:38 PM -
5 Comments:
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger David said…

    Cool! Is Chapel Hill in NC?

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Sure is - I guess my old friends will be laughing at me once more. ;)

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Anthony said…

    Good luck with your film project. What kinds of ideas do you have? What kinds of pieces are you interested in creating? I hope to hear more about this in the future.

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Hi Anthony. Well, for now, I'm just going to take my camera wherever I go, point, shoot, and see what I get. Should be a lot of spontaneous fun.

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger gardenbug said…

    How about the tourist spots you took Ian to? You could video travelogues.

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number