The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Friday, March 13, 2009
Nurse Dan
I was violently ill last weekend. I mean, the kind of sick that requires receptacles at both ends of the spectrum. The kind of sick that keeps you immobilized because whenever you move, giant, crashing waves of nausea rack your body. I couldn't keep anything down, not even water. Not even the pink bismuth tablets I brought especially over from the States because it's the only thing that actually helps when I have stomach problems. Except for this time.

That's when Dan came to the rescue with cups of camomile tea (when I could stomach some) and decided to be my day nurse.

Dan's funny. He wouldn't leave the house except to run down to the local chip shop for some hot chips for lunch. He asked me if I would be all right alone for a few minutes.

"As long as I don't have to smell the chips when you get back," I pleaded, having just thrown up a bucket of used chips from the night before.

Dan's very attentive normally, but last weekend, he was even moreso. Maybe even a little suffocating. But I can't think of a nicer way to be suffocated. Truly, this man missed his calling in life (which I say is being a nurse, but Dan says is "being rich.")

Thank you, Dan. And by the way, you make a great cup of tea.
posted by Melanie O. at 10:13 PM -
7 Comments:
  • At 3:55 AM, Blogger YesterdaysLace said…

    Bravo Dan!!! You are a keeper. Reminds me of the love of my life. We are all pleased Melanie has someone like you to be there with her.

    They will go to no end to care for us Mel. Do take some time and smell those roses. :)

    Hugs

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger gardenbug said…

    I hope it is all over and you are on the mend. Take your vitamins and minerals and probiotics. Get well soon.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Pattie - I feel so fortunate. Lord knows it took me more than one try to get it right. I'm glad I didn't give up - I knew there was someone crazy enough to take me on, ha ha!

    Am feeling much better this week. Thank you.

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Geetali said…

    That man is pure gold. Bless you, Dan.

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Karen said…

    What an awesome husband you have!
    It's nice to know you can rely on him when you really need him!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger YesterdaysLace said…

    Goodluck on your next treatment today. We are thinking of you. XOXOX

    Hugs

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Kanani said…

    I like this photo of Dan a lot. When I get home I'll put it up on the board next to yours!

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number