The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Saturday, April 11, 2009
My evil twin
So, I decided that this year, with the change of the seasons, that I'd change my hair color. I've gone back to basics and it's now just about where my natural hair color should be - but I'm not sure if it's right for me any more. It brings out the green in my eyes, but now I have very piercing eyes and I'm worried that strange dogs will growl at me and attack me. (Don't laugh - this has happened before.)

It's not that I dislike dark hair - I love it - on other women.

Dan's says I am now my evil twin. I'm dark and mysterious. I don't know if I want to be dark and mysterious. It's taken this long to figure out who I am. I'm not sure I want to be a mystery any more. Besides - changing ones hair color is expensive - half my wardrobe and makeup doesn't work any more.

I'll give it a little more time and see if this grows on me. If not, I may go back to my blonde self. It's strange that I feel really out of my skin at the moment.
posted by Melanie O. at 3:28 PM -
7 Comments:
  • At 5:26 AM, Blogger Cooks said…

    i think it really suits you!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger David said…

    I think it looks good too! Sorry to be of no help :-)

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Anthony said…

    Hi Aunt Melanie! I must say that although you make a rockin' blonde, I think it is better to stay within the range of one's natural hair color. And it does bring out your eyes. I don't think you look "dark and mysterious." You look like yourself, and not "some other beautiful woman" (to quote Stevie Nicks). I showed a couple pictures of you to a friend of mine and she said that you look better as a brunette. So give it a try. It doesn't look bad.

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Donald said…

    I always liked you as a Brunette!

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're right: your eyes are really striking!
    irishnomad.

     
  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger Kanani said…

    I like the brown hair a lot. I think you stay brown and just go buy wigs. C'mon! Get them on eBay! hahahaha!!
    xxx K

     
  • At 7:44 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Thanks, everyone. It's growing on me (ha ha - no pun intended!)

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number