The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Reconnecting
Some of you may remember my post from back in November, when I wrote about my sadness and confusion over the disappearance of my first husband, my sons' father. Because of this blog, I've been able to reconnect with his family, and I am totally thrilled! I know that some people would feel odd - but not me. It feels like a bit of me has been restored. I am hoping that some good things will come out of it and that we'll all benefit.

I guess I am writing this because, for many reasons, families become estranged, or best friends fight and "break up," and relationships get lost. In my case, the common denominator passed away, which opened up the way for renewing relationships without the spectre of the past acting as a wrench in the works. And with the way being open, old myths and misperceptions are falling away quickly.

There are still many unknowns, but the desire to meet the unknown is exciting rather than terrifying. I have few trepidations, because any connection is a bonus over no connection.

We are all family, after all.
posted by Melanie O. at 9:31 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number