The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Monday, July 31, 2006
Turn In and Tune Out
My husband and I both love to talk with each other, but sometimes we catch the other person at a bad time. We are both guilty of tuning the other out on occasion, so, to get even, we'll start talking about something outrageous.

me: "I spoke with your mother today."

him: "Uh-huh"
Alien baby
me: "She said you forgot your sister's birthday."

him: (immediately tuning out): Uh-huh

me: "And she's pregnant."

him: "Uh."

me: "By an alien."

him: back to watching a DVD.

me: “And Paul McCartney called today. He’s offering a tidy settlement so that you’ll divorce me.”

him: (upon hearing the name Paul McCartney, tunes out even more.)

me: “And someone stole your model train.”

him: (immediately snapping back into consciousness) “ What?”

me: “Go back to sleep.”


And he’s once again absorbed by his movie.


I guess one day I may be able to use this to my advantage. Of course, I’ll have to wait until Paul McCartney really comes to call. Or until his sister becomes pregnant by an alien. Either is just as likely as the other – which is to say, not very. But if either happens – I will be prepared.
posted by Melanie O. at 3:37 PM -
5 Comments:
  • At 3:31 AM, Blogger Kanani said…

    Ha!

    Dan, I saw your wife with Paul McCartney.
    They were taking off on your model train!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    K - I don't think he's listening. He's busy looking at mobile phone gadgets.

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger gardenbug said…

    could be Mum is pregnant...or is it sister? Hardly matters when your train is disappearing.

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Melanie,

    Its Staysee from Raleigh, NC

    Chris' friend.

    How r u doin ?

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Hi Staysee!~

    Glad to hear that you and Chris are still good friends. We'll have to catch up next time I'm back in Raleigh, unless you want to accompany him to CT this fall (fingers crossed that all works out.)

    Cheers,
    Melanie

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number