The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Friday, May 11, 2007
Handbags and stockings
I think I can truly say that my handbag and lingerie obsession has gone to unhealthy new heights. A friend has sent me links to her favourite eBay vintage stocking sellers, and I eagerly check back on a regular basis, looking for Cuban heel stockings in a size 8 1/2 (translation - 'short'). She and I chat back and forth on email and share a lingerie obsession. She sends me photos of her all dressed up (or is it all undressed?) and I send her photos of me. We're two perfectly "straight" women in love with lingerie and the way it makes us look and feel.

Every day, I scan eBay looking for stockings and handbags. I'm currently in a phase where I want Chanel style quilted leather bags with chain straps. Why I've got this sudden urge to buy them, I have no idea. Of course, I'm not going to buy Chanel every week. Even second-hand, I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money on a fetish object.

Did I just say fetish and Chanel in the same sentence? I suppose I do get a bit of a thrill from rubbing my hands over that quilted leather, and there's something to be said about the sensual delight of the contrast of the soft leather and hard chains. Oh my.

What is most telling, though, is my PayPal account, which says I have spent $500 in the last month on lingerie and vintage handbags. For that amount of money, I could have fed my husband and myself for a month.

But it wouldn't have been nearly as fun and sexy.
posted by Melanie O. at 9:57 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number