The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Monday, August 10, 2009
A sign of getting older
Dan called me from work today. He told me that he had a sign from above that he was getting older.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I was out unloading the trailer today, when a bird flew over my head and pooped on it," he told me.

I was rather puzzled as to why this would be a sign of getting older. Doesn't everyone get bird poop on them at least once in their life?

He went on to explain:

"I went to the washroom to clean it out of my hair, when I realised that I couldn't find it. It had partially dried and had blended with my hair."

Dan's hair is getting to be more salt than pepper, and so I giggled. And Dan laughed.

All I could respond with was "ewww". I hope bird poop is good for your hair, and I'll have to remind Dan to shampoo in the shower tonight.

When we both stopped laughing, Dan said "put THAT in your blog." And so, I did.

Labels:

posted by Melanie O. at 3:31 PM -
4 Comments:
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger gardenbug said…

    You found a great roadsign to go with your blog. Or, did you draw it? Word of advice: Never look up at a flock of birds.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    gardenbug, apparently that is a real sign. I don't know where it's located, however. Someone should probably put one up in the unloading area where Dan works. Or maybe the birds knew it was an unloading area and felt they had permission.

     
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Ann said…

    LOL. Its supposed to be good luck. He should be happy he has hair.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    LOL Ann - I'll be sure to tell him that.

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number