The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
The Aboriginal woman and the snake

Last night, I had a weird dream... so strange that I had to look up the symbolism in it. It's said that dreams are the manifestation of the subconscious mind, and if so, the objects and cast members of our dreams are symbols for other things.

In this dream, a middle-aged Aboriginal woman came to me with a snake and she put it on me while I was in my bed. The snake tried to crawl in my sleeve, but I cut if off before it got to my shoulders and could get completely inside my shirt.

Now, you have to understand... I do not like snakes. Especially in Australia, as most of the ones here are deadly poisonous. But I wasn't afraid of the snake, because I knew the snake would just assume that's as far as the "hole" went. So, the snake came back out of my sleeve and decided to go under the covers.

There I was, dreaming about being in bed, under the covers, with an Aboriginal woman standing next to me, and a snake crawling in and out and over me and under the covers. The snake was making the sign for Infinity across my chest. And the weirdest thing about this? I wasn't scared and I didn't wake up with my heart pounding, as if I'd suffered a nightmare.

I looked up the symbolism of the dream. Did you know that snakes are ancient symbols of wisdom and knowledge? And so are old women. The fact that the woman was an Aborigine suggests that I need to be more in touch with my intuition and natural side.

Ever have a weird dream and want to look up the meaning? Try using this dream dictionary: http://dreammoods.com/. Now if only I could figure out what the heck to do with this information!

Labels:

posted by Melanie O. at 3:18 AM -
2 Comments:
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger David said…

    Thats a very unusual dream! I almost never remember mine...

    How is the trip going?

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Hi David - the trip is great so far. It's so good to catch up with family. I'll fill you in when we get back.

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number