The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Retro-fied
Well, you knew it had to come down to this. With Mozilla now allowing personas for Firefox, I decided that I needed to dress mine up to keep it in line with the mid-century theme of the rest of my life. So, I trawled through their personas gallery, looking through thousands of designs for that special persona - just for me.

Imagine my huge disappointment when I didn't find anything suitable. If you're a Rob Pattinson fan, you're set. Or if you like animé, you've got plenty to choose from. Some were close, but none were, well, kitschy enough to feed my need for cheese - especially when I'm online and have to actually do some serious work. Solution? Create my own.


At first, it started with a simple cosmic design inspired by my Franciscan Starburst china. Would Mozilla accept it? To my surprise, they did. This was encouraging!

So then, I created a persona using pink flamingos. As everyone knows, pink flamingo yard ornaments were huge in the 1950's and 1960's. That was accepted as well - I was on a roll! Heck, if no one else was going to create cheese, then I was going to.


Not content with that, I then went on to create a Las Vegas leopard theme and a '57 Chevy theme, which, I expect will be approved within the next few days. And several more are in the works.

You know what they say - if you don't like the way something's done, do it yourself. So I did. I'm keeping my Firefox retrofied until further notice.

Labels: ,

posted by Melanie O. at 5:27 PM -
3 Comments:
  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger gardenbug said…

    I'm not too sure what you did, but it sounds very creative. Should you copyright your stuff?

     
  • At 4:18 AM, Blogger David said…

    Nice!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Oh - no copyright. It's free to use for anyone using Firefox. I basically did these for myself (and will do more), as I didn't like anything else I saw. If someone else wants to use them - that's fine with me. That's what they're for.

    Thanks, David. :)

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number