The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Look at me - I'm Sandra Dee!
My husband saw the new photos from my last photo shoot and pointed out one set of images in particular, for which I am wearing a plastic tortoiseshell headband.

"I love how you did your hair in this one," he said.

I pointed out to him that I wasn't wearing my hair any differently than I normally do. It was just the headband.

"But I like how it's pushed back and looks teased on top."

It was the headband, I reassured him.

"You look like Sandra Dee," he said, which gave me a fit of the giggles.

So, today for work, I wore the headband and pushed the hair back a bit. On the way in, I was met by a man in the elevator as I rode my way up to my office.

"I like your outfit," he said. He mentioned my shoes, my dress and my little LV bag. "Is that an outfit from Paris?" he asked sincerely.

I smiled. What can one say when one is asked if ones clothes are direct from Paris and one knows that one got them from an American department store? I finally said, "I don't know - I just like it."

"Well, it looks very nice. Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas," I replied back.

I rode up to my floor with a smile. I feel like Sondre D'ée.
posted by Melanie O. at 3:14 PM -
3 Comments:
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number