The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Friday, September 28, 2007
Another year older...
My birthday is coming up (yet again.) I am teetering towards that scary age. The age that everyone says is "downhill from here."

I don't know if I want to go downhill. What if I just want to coast for a while? Along the way, I think I'll take in some movies and some vintage lingerie and costume jewelry. I'll laugh like a fool with my friends and drink lambrusco for the heck of it and wear skirts that are probably too short to be respectable. I'll buy more bullet bras and back-comb my hair and wear red lipstick.

I'll listen to my new music discoveries: The Dinning Sisters and Ella Fitzgerald. I'll copy Marilyn Monroe's makeup and probably twist my ankle wearing heels that are too high - but I'll wear them anyway because they're sexy.

After visits to my physical therapist's office to repair damage I did as a mad skater in my teens, I'll create new damage by going on hikes in rough terrain, and I'll probably finally write those steamy sexual romances that have been sitting, in draft format, in a storage box.

Coasting through life? Naaah... I'll be flying downhill and screaming with my arms in the air. This roller coaster ride is only half through.

Listen to the audio. [4 MB]


Labels: , ,

posted by Melanie O. at 11:19 PM -
2 Comments:
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger gardenbug said…

    Have a Happy Birthday.
    From Stephen: hey Mom. Have a Happy Birthday. Love You.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday from your fan in Missouri


    Don

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number