The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Dan in a tie
Dan and I have been married for nearly six years, and knew each other for almost four years prior to that. In all that time, through photos, webcam chatting, and living together as husband and wife, I've never seen him in a tie. Even on our wedding day, he wore a shirt with a short Henley-style collar because he didn't want to wear a tie. Granted, it was nearly 40 degrees C that day and no one in their right mind would have worn a tie. I think the marriage celebrant had one on though (poor guy.)

It took another wedding for Dan to wear a tie. We went shopping last week to make sure he had something nice to wear for a friend's wedding, and I picked out a tie to match his outfit. I guess this was rather sneaky of me, as Dan hadn't said he wanted one, but it matched his silvery-grey shirt so well, he agreed to give it a go. And he looked great!

So now I'm thinking - what other occasions are coming up, that I might be able to see him in a tie?

I have a feeling that if I see him in it every few years, that's probably going to be it, which is a shame, because there's something really sexy about seeing him dressed up. Dan's a "natural" for a tie.

Listen to the audio (4 MB)

Labels: ,

posted by Melanie O. at 9:43 AM -
4 Comments:
  • At 3:17 AM, Blogger Kanani said…

    You've just won an award. Dress up --meaning put on your best t-shirt an pick it up!

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys look great!

    Don

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Kanani said…

    You keep putting up these pics of Dan. OH RUB IT IN, MELANIE! You know you got the greatest catch, and I envy you greatly and adoringly!

     
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    Awwww... Kanani - you are so sweet! (And good for Dan's ego. I'll be sure to tell him.)

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number