The Secret Life of Melanie O.
 
Friday, June 15, 2007
Ten things you never knew about me
I've been tagged by my good friend Kanani, to write ten things about myself that no-one probably knows (or would ever want to know,) so, not being a person to shy away from a challenge, here are my

Ten obscure things you never knew about me:

1) My second toe is longer than my big toe. I think this has something to do with having Tudor ancestry, but I could be wrong.

2) I had my first kiss from a boy at the age of 9. I was in 3rd grade. It's terrible that at this point, I don't even remember his name, although I do recall his face. (Could be a result of the wine I'm drinking tonight.)

3) I used to be a fairly good figure skater. Then I got curves.

4) I always wanted to study ballet and be a dancer. Then I got curves.

5) My first crush ever was on my 4th grade teacher, Mr. Earhart. (I've obviously not had enough wine to make me forget his name.) I wonder what ever happened to him? Thinking back on him, I don't think I'd have that same crush were I to meet him today.

6) I love most vegetables, except two - and they're both white: turnips and cauliflower. No color, little flavor... why bother?

7) It takes me almost as long at night to get ready for bed, as it does in the morning, to get ready for work. One day I'll write about my routine - just for laughs.

8) I was once asked to be the mistress of a man with Mafia connections. I politely declined. He was gentlemanly about it.

9) I was also once approached about having an affair with a well-known news anchor (for the time and locale). We both agreed it would lead to unhappiness and ruin.

10) Speaking of news - the back of my head once featured prominently on the television news magazine 20/20. Our animation studio recreated the Alma Tunnel crash that killed Princess Diana.

Now, having revealed some of the more sordid and obscure moments of my life, I'm now tagging gardenbug to reveal all. I'll be surprised if she does!
posted by Melanie O. at 7:07 PM -
3 Comments:
  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Phew...glad I don't have a blog!

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Melanie O. said…

    LOL! You could always confess all here to ME. ;-)

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kanani said…

    Yes, I guess those curves would make other spin, and you just topple!

     
Post a Comment



About Me
Name: Melanie O.
Home: Durham, North Carolina, United States
About Me: Female, American health and beauty-conscious professional who has rekindled a childhood love of dolls.
See my profile...

Another Retro Housewife
Wannabe
Brought to you by
Previous Posts
Archives
If you read this blog,
you're not alone!
Sydney Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Favorite Links

You are visitor number